Loading Bay Systems
Cheshire Industrial Doors can supply, install and service all aspects of Loading bay systems, including loading bay doors, dock levellers and dock shelters, as well as any accessories that may have been specified by the client such as wheelguides, traffic lights and dock lights. For more information please contact us.
The phrase Loading Bay is a generic term usually referring to the Loading Bay Door, Dock Leveller and Dock Shelter. For more information click the appropriate link.
The Loading Bay term can also encompass any accessories that may have been specified by the client.
These accessories include:-
Loading bay doors
Generally, particularly on new build projects, an insulated sectional door will be used. Roller shutter doors may also be fitted and are popular where economy is an issue. All doors, whatever type, can be supplied as, or retrofitted with, automatic operators for ease of use.
A dock leveller is a piece of equipment used to provide a stable level platform between the loading bay and the vehicle to be loaded. Two types are available. Swing lip and telescopic lip. Although both do basically the same job, the telescopic lip type can accommodate greater variations between vehicle and loading bay. Both types are electro-hydraulically operated. While manually operated levellers were popular in the past and can be serviced by ourselves, they are now becoming more scarce due to their inherent health and safety implications.
Dock shelters are used to create a seal between the vehicle being loaded and the area around the loading bay aperture. Three types are available.
- Collapsible - Consists of fabric sheets fitted to a hinged frame. Usually fitted where various makes and sizes of vehicle are envisaged.
- Dock pads - Fabric covered foam pads fitted around the loading bay aperture. The vehicle backs onto them causing them to compress and giving a good seal. Best used where only one type of vehicle is expected.All fabrics are specially coated and are colourfast.
- Inflatable - Use air bags to the sides and top of the loading bay aperture. Once the vehicle has reversed into position the bags are inflated to provide the seal.
Constructed from 168mm tubular steel and designed to withstand contact with HGV running gear.
These are positioned on a site specific basis and are to ensure that vehicles approach the loading bay at the correct angle every time. Economical to install and should pay for themselves by reducing damage to other loading bay equipment.
- Low energy long life LED traffic lights
- An important aid to safety specified by more and more clients
- Operated manually, by switches, or automatically by the loading bay control panel to site requirements
- Low voltage dock lights
- Designed to make access and egress from docked vehicles easier and safer
- Operate automatically from loading bay control panel or manually from panel mounted switches
- Roller Shutter Doors
- Sectional Insulated Doors
- Automatic Entrance Doors
- Glass-Aluminium Entrance Systems
- Steel Personnel Doors
- Loading Bay Systems
- Fast Action Doors
- Traffic Barriers
- Automatic & Manual Gates
- Domestic Garage Doors
- Height Restriction Barriers
- CCTV Systems
- Access Control Systems
- Intruder Alarm Systems
- Security Grilles
- Mesh Security Screens